Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Consecration to Jesus through Mary

The Immaculate Conception by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, downloaded from Wikipedia
Consecration day at Fish Eaters. Scroll down to step 4.

Consecration day at The Catholic Company.

At Mass today, the priest spoke of Original Sin (which is an important prerequisite to understanding the immaculate conception of Mary). He also spoke of funerals where people believe that heaven is guaranteed after death. While God wills that we all be received into heaven, it is not something we can claim by right. We "get into" heaven solely through God's mercy. It's a gift, a grace. And so this part of the consecration prayer stood out for me:

Since I cannot lay claim to anything except what merits your rejection and displeasure, I dare no longer approach the holiness of your majesty on my own. That is why I turn to the intercession and the mercy of your holy Mother, whom you yourself have given me to mediate with you. Through her I hope to obtain from you contrition and pardon for my sins, and that Wisdom whom I desire to dwell in me always.
St. Louis de Montfort repeatedly expressed that this consecration to Jesus through Mary is a renewal of our Baptismal vows. And we should renew those vows repeatedly as a reminder to ourselves about our journey and our final end. May the peace of Jesus Christ be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment